Saturday 5 December 2009

Tree



Its been a while I know but life just seems to get in the way of everything at the moment - it has been a busy few months!

Our tree is up and decorated and looks stunning. We used our outdoor pea lights (50m of them!) rather than fairy lights and I think they look really pretty. The decorations are higgledy-piggledy and have no particular colour scheme - but thats the way I like it. I love the process of taking the decorations down from the attic, slowly unwrapping them, reminiscing about when and where we bought them and then hanging them up. I also love the smell of Christmas trees - brings back so many memories for me (I have a particularly vivid one of my dad getting a pine needle in his eye!).It was especially enjoyable this year as the boys are getting to the age where they understand Christmas and remember decorations/traditions from previous years.

The boys and I made some saltdough tree decorations today that have baked beautifully - just need to be varnished and threaded with ribbon (will share some pictures tomorrow).

Just need to wrap some presents now to sit underneath. I love Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment